We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated process research and development chemist with a proven record of sustained laboratory achievement and innovation to join our growing CMC group at ORIC Pharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will report to the head of CMC and will be responsible but not limited to those listed below.
• Leading the process chemistry efforts in the design, development, and implementation of phase appropriate and robust synthetic processes to successfully deliver preclinical and clinical drug substance batches
• Conducting laboratory scale experiments to identify routes and optimize conditions
• Leading the transfer/development of synthetic chemistry processes and managing Non-GMP and cGMP drug substance production activities at CMOs
• Leading drug substance vendor selection and conducting critical reviews of proposals; coordinating and assisting in cGMP drug substance vendor quality audits
• Authoring CMC sections to be included in regulatory filings
• Representing CMC on cross functional teams and working closely with CMC, QA and regulatory colleagues to develop the drug substance control strategy (including genotoxic impurity evaluations)
Qualifications & Experience:
• Ph.D. in organic chemistry or chemical engineering with 6-12+ years of pharmaceutical/Biotech industry experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of GLP, cGMP, and CMO management
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Effective at creating strategic plans and implementing prioritization
• Outstanding record of innovation with a sustained publication record
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to quickly adapt and shift focus as needed
ORIC Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
About ORIC Pharmaceuticals:
ORIC Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving patients’ lives by Overcoming Resistance In Cancer. ORIC’s lead product candidate, ORIC-101, is a potent and selective small molecule antagonist of the glucocorticoid receptor, which has been linked to resistance to multiple classes of cancer therapeutics across a variety of solid tumors. ORIC-101 is currently in two separate Phase 1b trials of ORIC-101 in combination with (1) Xtandi (enzalutamide) in metastatic prostate cancer and (2) Abraxane (nab-paclitaxel) in advanced or metastatic solid tumors. ORIC’s second product candidate, ORIC-533, is an orally bioavailable small molecule inhibitor of CD73, a key node in the adenosine pathway believed to play a central role in resistance to chemotherapy- and immunotherapy-based treatment regimens. Beyond these two product candidates, ORIC is also developing multiple precision medicines targeting other hallmark cancer resistance mechanisms. ORIC has offices in South San Francisco and San Diego, California.